Calling all young people ages 12 - 18!
Alex Beretta Graffiti Artist
10:00 - 15:00 9th - 12th July
at the Skatepark in Con Smith Memorial Park (now moved to Terry Coyle Park)
All Welcome - FREE of charge
Alex Beretta is a French - Irish International Graffiti Artist from Lyon who travels the world with his art, often teaching young people Graffiti art skills on his travels. As part of PEACE IV Cavan Youth Arts Lab, here's how he proposes to work with young people in this special once-off opportunity:
- we will begin with a graffiti’s history class where we will learn why it’s the most ancient
job in the world, what were the different issues from time to time, how to realize with
what materials etc etc… Also a little reminder about legal graffiti and risks about doing
illegal street art.
- participants will be given a theme to free draw so that I can assess the level of each person
- Sketching sessions 1. Learning to write first with the use of various letters and alphabets. How to
organise it, stylize it.
- Sketching sessions 2. Characters. How to build a character, from toe to head, and a special lesson
- Sketching lesson 3. Perspective and shadows. Learning how to draw in perspective and create 3D
effects using shadows and lights. Use of pencils, black pens, calligraphy pens and white sheets.
- Introducing notions of colors. How they react together, what combination for what result, etc…
(adding color pencils and color pens to the materials)
- Urban sketching session might be a good conclusion for participants to face all the drawing issues
we’ve seen before.
- Mastering spray paint, and developing a mural.We will learn how to work in team, an create a final
mural about Peace. (adding spray paints to materials, masks, gloves)